The Riverside Township Mental Health Board presented on the issue of mental health during the COVID-19 pandemic. In the video below, speakers include Anna Padron Sikora from Pillars Community Health, Susan Bertuglia from Aging Care Connections, Amber Grzeda from UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago, and Monika Leja from The Way Back Inn. They address the unique concerns for various age groups, offer tools and advice for coping, and provide resources for help and support.
Additionally, the Mental Health Board has established a Community Resource Center with office hours in the Town Hall to help navigate the path to social services and mental health agencies.
Contact the Community Resource Center at 708-853-9578. For more information, visit riversidetownship.org.
Pillars Community Health
Health & Social Services, regardless of ability to pay. Languages: English, Spanish, some programs in Arabic and other languages.
Medical and Dental Services:
- Physicals and immunizations
- Adult and pediatric medical care
- Adult and pediatric dental services
- COVID-19 testing and services
Behavioral Health and Support Services:
- Crisis response
- Outpatient counseling
- Substance use disorder services-same-day assessments
Domestic and Sexual Violence Services:
- Free 24 hour hotlines and crisis intervention, assistance at ERs and courthouses
- Emergency shelter at no cost
- Counseling and more
Aging Care Connection
We are advisors on all matters related to the issues facing older adults as they age. Serving older adults, caregivers, and family members from 38 communities in five townships: Leyden, Lyons, Norwood Park, Proviso, and Riverside.
Programs and Services:
- Adult Protective Services – We receive and investigate reports involving older adults (60+) and disabled adults (18+).
- Aging Well Neighborhood
- Benefits Assistance
- Caregiver Support
- Comprehensive Care Coordination
- Congregate Meals
- Grandparents Raising Grandchildren
- Information and Assistance
- Options Counseling
- Special Diet Home Delivered Meals
- Transitional Care
- Transportation Assistance
The Way Back Inn
- Residential Extended Care
- Alcohol and Drug Dependence
- Gambling Use Disorder
- Polish-American Recovery
- Military/Veteran Recovery
UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago
Providing services to children and adults with intellectual and developmental disabilities.
Children and Adolescent Services:
- Foster Care from birth to 21, including specialized care for children with behavior or medical challenges.
- Community Day Services/Life Skills Training
- Meaningful Employment
- Residential Services
- Respite Services
- Social-Recreation Services
- Transition from School to Adult Services
- Assistive Technology