The Riverside Township Community Resource Center office hours are:
Monday, Wednesday, and Thursday 9:00 am – 11:00 am, and 4:00 pm – 6:00 pm
Saturday 9:00 am – 1:00 pm.
The Community Resource Center can be reached by phone at (708) 853-9578 or via email at: [email protected].
The Resource Center provides guidance and referrals for aging services, benefits counseling (by appointment), intellectual and developmental disability services, mental health services, and substance abuse services. Located on the 1st floor of the Riverside Town Hall, the Community Resource Center is supported by Riverside Township, the Riverside Township Mental Health Board, and local area agencies: Aging Care Connections, UCP Seguin of Greater Chicago, and The Way Back Inn.
Download the Community Resource Guide Below
The Riverside Township Mental Health Board
In the early 1970’s, the people of Riverside Township were early to recognize that a healthy community is one where people have access to healthcare and human services that focus on the whole person – including their mental health and related needs.
In 1972, Township voters approved a referendum that allowed for the creation of the Riverside Township Mental Health Board. Since that time, volunteer board members have worked to identify the mental health, substance abuse, and developmental and intellectual disability needs of our community and contract for services to meet those needs.
Riverside Township Mental Health Board Members
Timothy W. Heilenbach – President & Township Liaison
Jane Smith – Vice President
Adam Wilt – Treasurer
Thomas F. Dunleavy, LCPC, CRC
Joseph E. Troiani, Ph.D., CADC – Consultant
Vera Wilt – Township Supervisor
The Community Resource Guide is a collaboration between the Riverside Township Mental Health Board and the following Agencies:
Important Numbers for Individuals in Crisis
●National Suicide Prevention Hotline – (800) 273-8255 (TALK). For TTY Users: Use your preferred relay service or dial 711 then (800) 273-8255. Free, available 24/7
● SUPPORT4U Teen Text Line – Text TALK to 844-670-5838
● Crisis Text Line – Text Hello to 741741 or message Crisis Text Line on Facebook
● Trevor Lifeline/Trevor Project – (800) 488-7386 OR Text START to 678678. Available 24/7 for LGBTQIA + kids/teens
● Childhelp National Child Abuse Hotline – (800) 422-4453
● SAMHSA (Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration). National Helpline: (800) 622-HELP (4357). For TTY Users: (800) 487-4889. Free, confidential, available 24/7
● Veterans Crisis Line – (800) 273-8255 (press 1) or Text : 838255. Support for deaf and hard-of-hearing: (800) 799-4899. Available toll-free, 24/7
● Illinois Alliance on Problem Gambling Hotline – (800) GAM-BLER (800-426-2537) or Text: ILGAMB to 53342
Local Community Hotlines
● Pillars 24-hour Mobile Crisis Services Hotline – (708) 745-5277
● Pillars 24-hour Sexual Assault Hotline – (708) 482-9600
● Pillars 24-hour Domestic Violence Hotline – (708) 485-5254
● CARES Hotline – (800) 345-9049
● Mujeres Latinas en Accion – 24-hour Illinois Domestic Violence Hotline – (877) 863-6338
● Mujeres Latinas en Accion – 24-hour Chicago Rape Crisis Hotline – (888) 293-2080