The Riverside Township Assessor’s office hours are Monday – Friday, from 9:00 am – 2:00 pm. Appointments are encouraged for in-person meetings. The Assessor’s Office can be reached at (708) 447-7700 or by email at [email protected] to make an appointment.
The Riverside Township Assessor’s Office acts as a taxpayer advocate for local residents in the Cook County property tax system. With almost 1.8 million parcels in Cook County, assessments are determined triennially through a mass appraisal system by the Cook County Assessor. Riverside Township contains about 6,457 of those parcels. Our goal is to ensure taxpayers that their property is fairly and accurately assessed. Our job is to provide assistance and educate our taxpayers as they navigate the property tax system.
The Township Assessor’s Office, operating independently of the Township Office, is located on the 3rd floor of the Town Hall building. Our Township Assessor, Frances (Fran) Sitkiewicz, can be reached Monday through Friday, from 9am until 2pm, at (708) 447-7700 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Township Assessor’s Office provides a multitude of services related to property taxes:
- Assessed valuation complaints or appeals with the Cook County Assessor, Cook County Board of Review and Illinois Property Tax Appeals Board
- Exemption applications
- Certificates of Error
- Property characteristic descriptions and changes
- Applications for divisions and consolidation of properties
- Property tax estimates
- Analysis of property taxes for prospective or new homeowners and realtors
- Sales data and permit information
- Seminars on property taxes
- Name and address changes on property tax bills
- Requests for duplicate property tax bills
- Applications for property tax refunds
- Consultation with local taxing districts
- Tax and exemption information for attorneys