The Cook County Assessor’s Office has reassessed Riverside Township properties.
Taxpayers in Riverside Township are now receiving their reassessment notices from the Cook County Assessor’s Office and may file assessed valuation appeals through March 25, 2020.
- Why does Cook County reassess property every three years?
Assessed values should reflect market values and market values change over the years. The 2020 Proposed Assessed Values are based on sales of property in Riverside Township from 2017 through 2019.
- Did someone come out to appraise my house?
Assessments are determined by mass appraisal conducted by the Cook County Assessor’s Office. You can find specific information about their model, data collection, and analysis on their website. Follow the link at the bottom of the page to find out more.
- The Assessed Value of my home increased. Does this mean my property taxes will increase?
The Assessed Value of your home is just one factor in the property tax equation. Other factors include the state multiplier and local tax rates. The Assessed Value of your home must be considered within the context of the Assessed Values of all the homes in your township.
- Why is it called a Proposed Assessed Value?
There might be information you have about your home which supports a lower Assessed Value. The Assessed Valuation Appeal process allows property owners to present this information to the Cook County Assessor to request a change in the Assessed Value.
Reasons for Appeal
- Lack of Uniformity. Your property is assessed higher than other properties of similar size, style and construction in your neighborhood.
- Market Value. The Assessor’s stated market value is higher than the property’s actual market value if the property was purchased after January 1, 2017.
- Property description error. Such as the incorrect square footage of the building.
- Uninhabitable property. Your property was uninhabitable for all or part of the year due to flood, fire or interior demolition.
What’s the Next Step?
If you believe your residential property is over-assessed and would like to file an appeal, we’re here to help.
Decide which process below works best for you and either send us an email or give us a call.
File an appeal online at your convenience.
The Cook County Assessor’s Office has made filing an appeal extremely easy. The easiest and most common reason for filing an appeal is due to lack of uniformity, meaning there are homes in the neighborhood similar to yours with lower assessed values.To help you support your case, we will send an email to you with comparables selected just for your property along with step by step directions on how to file your appeal online via the Cook County Assessor’s office website.
Email us with your:
- phone number
Prefer an appointment?
If you would rather come visit us at the Township Assessor’s office, we’d be happy to schedule an appointment. Please call us at 708-447-7700. We will assist you with your appeal in our office. We are scheduling appointments Monday through Friday from 9 am until 2 pm. If our office hours do not work for you, please ask about our selected evening appointments. We are trying our best to accommodate everyone!
Please remember, this is a very busy time for our office and we have a small staff, however, we will do everything in our power to make sure everyone who asks for our assistance will receive it.
Schedule an appointment — 708-447-7700
In a few days, we’ll send an email back to you with the information you need to help you file your appeal online at your convenience. The deadline to file appeals is March 25, 2020.
- The Riverside Township Assessor’s office is available to help taxpayers determine the best reason for filing an appeal, find comparables, and complete the appropriate documentation.
- To further assist property owners, we are extending our office hours from 9:00 am until 2:00 pm, Monday through Friday through March 25th.
- Additionally, we will be available by appointment on several select evenings throughout the appeal period as well as outside of our regular office hours as needed.