All online appeals must be submitted by March 25, 2020, at 5:00 pm.
You may register and file your appeal online at https://propertytaxfilings.cookcountyil.gov/
- First, you must create an account with an email address and password. Password requires 8 character minimum and is case sensitive. You will receive a confirmation email to “Activate Your Account” sent by [email protected]. Click on the link to complete the registration process.
- Login in with email and password.
- Available Filings Select type of appeal – CCAO Appeals – Real Estate Assessed Valuation Appeal (Residential).
- Primary PIN Search Enter PIN (no dashes) click “Search”.
- Appeal Activity Window checkboxes in the lower left and click “Next” to proceed.
- Verify Primary PIN click “Next”.
- If requesting a Certificate of Error for past years check appropriate boxes click “Next”.
- Additional Subject PIN Entry -If your property has more than one parcel (PIN), follow instructions online, otherwise, click “Next”.
- Filer Type – Select Taxpayer/Owner from the drop-down list. Then click “Next”.
- Identification and Status of Taxpayer/Owner Click Hamburger icon”=” to auto-fill. Click “Select”. Check that the information is correct. Update as necessary. Click “Next”.
- Residential Assessed Valuation Appeal Characteristics Review the property characteristics and make any necessary corrections.
- APPEAL Information check reason for appeal-most likely “Lack of Uniformity/Comparables” Briefly explain the reason: “Subject AV is greater than comparables” Check type of property. Click “Next”.
- Attachments – Comparable Property PIN(s) – Required Upload comparable document provided by Riverside Township Assessor.
- Submit Enter Name, Phone, Email as your confirmation and electronic signature. PLEASE BE ADVISED – Once you click “Submit” you will NOT be able to make changes or add additional documents to this filing. Your appeal is complete.
- Confirmation Print or save the appeal confirmation page for your records. You will also receive an email confirmation from the Cook County Assessor – [email protected]
Click to view/download 2020 Residential Appeal Form
Please call if you need further information or assistance:
Riverside Township Assessor